ATEX Telephones for Zone 1 – The ExResistTel
FHF Safety Products’ Ex-ResistTel has been developed specifically for the harsh environments found in the process industries – for on-shore chemical and petrochemical plants, off-shore platforms, in mills and in harbors. The telephone can handle large temperature differences, high humidity, exposure to sea water and dust, as well as heavy mechanical wear and tear. The ExResistel is ATEX approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous areas rated Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22. Additional versions are available with UL, IECEx and GOST-R Approvals as well as non-approved versions for areas that are not classified as hazardous or potentially explosive. It is simply the most rugged and reliable telephone available in the world today. The Ex-ResistTel’s features include:
- The world’s only telephone that has passed UL’s stringent Type 4x salt spray test (100 psi / 7 bar) on the housing and the keypad.
- Robust glass fiber reinforced polymer housing with M20 connections entries is resistant to acids, sea water, alkali, moisture and grease and requires no additional enclosure for its Type 4X / IP66 environmental ratings.
- Completely programmable with an alphanumerical display and a 21-piece stainless steel (V4A / 316) keypad designed to be used with gloves.
- Fully encapsulated electronics provide unparalleled resistance to chemicals and moisture in harsh environments.
- Handsfree / Speakerphone function allows phone to be used in a group setting, and is loud enough to be heard in areas of high ambient noise.
- 316 SS keypad, faceplate and trim offer superior corrosion and impact resistance.
- Standard armored 316 SS cord stands up to rough treatment.
- Hermetically sealed non-contact hook sensing switch improves system reliability.
- Adjustable handset holding clips secure the phone in marine applications and areas of high vibration.
- Captive cover screws prevent loss during installation.
- Ventilation / Pressure balancing plug eliminates the possibility of moisture collecting inside the enclosure.
- ExResistTel ZB is designed for telephone exchange operation and is similar to the ExResistTel, except without the keypad and display.
- A wide variety of ATEX certified accessories, including a loudspeaker, headset and a secondary earpiece is available. See link here or download datasheet: Ex-ResistTel Accessories – Second Ear Piece, Headset & Loudspeaker Kits.
- ATEX Certified for use in hazardous areas and potentially explosive atmospheres rated Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22:
- ATEX II 2G Ex emb (ib) IIC T5-T6
- ATEX II 2D Ex tD A21 T80 C / T 100 C
- Approval Certificate: DMT 02 ATEX E 183
|Part No.||Ex-ResistTel Item Description|
|11286101||Ex-Telephone ResistTel black|
|1128610102||Ex-Telephone ResistTel red|
|1128610105||Ex-Telephone ResistTel blue|
|1128610125||Ex-Telephone ResistTel with 2x M25 x1.5 blind plugs|
|11286102||Ex-Telephone ResistTel ZB black without keypad|
|1128610202||Ex-Telephone ResistTel ZB red without keypad|
|1128610205||Ex-Telephone ResistTel ZB blue without keypad|
|11286103||Secondary receiver-set for Ex-Telephone ResistTel|
|11286104||Headset-set for Ex-Telephone ResistTel|
|11286105||Loudspeaker-set for Ex-Telephone ResistTel|
|11286201||Ex-Telephone ResistTel with blind plugs for metal cable gland M20 x 1.5|
|11286202||Ex-Telephone ResistTel with blind plugs for metal cable gland M20 x 1.5|
Note: FHF Safety Products stocks the 11286101 in Edison, NJ for immediate shipment
Manuals & Certificates